The Fox Chapel Area School Authority meets monthly during periods of construction/renovation to discuss construction-related issues during the planning, pre-construction, construction, and post-construction phases of capital improvement projects being undertaken in the Fox Chapel Area School District. When there are no construction/renovation projects, the Authority meets a minimum of once a year, and at times quarterly, if necessary. Initiatives are presented to the Authority, and its members discuss the plans, ask questions, make suggestions, and recommend to approve or deny proceeding with the matter to the Fox Chapel Area School Board.
The Authority also:
• Reviews the payment of bills and makes recommendations for the payment of monthly invoices to the School Board;
• Reviews contract language and makes recommendations on industry best practices;
• Reviews work that needs to be performed in the school district and offers suggestions on methods, contractors, products, etc.;
• Reviews change orders and recommends approval to the School Board and/or offers suggestions on alternate methods for completing projects;
• Discusses industry trends and experiences to avoid making costly mistakes; and
• Acts as an industry adviser and resource for district administration by helping to solve complex construction matters.
Agendas & Agenda Attachments
Aug. 3, 2020
June 29, 2020
- Disbursement Report
- Kerr Elementary Progress Report
- Kerr Environmental Report
- FCAHS Progress Report
- Meeting Instructions
May 18, 2020
April 27, 2020
March 2, 2020
January 27, 2020
Retired, Massaro Corporation, Allegheny County Department of Community Development
Authority Board member since 2013
Sales Executive, Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals
Authority Board member since 2012
Authority Board member since 2016
Founder and Vice President, Momentum, Inc.
Authority Board member since 1995
Fox Chapel Area School Board Representatives
School Board President
School Board Vice President
Facilities/Transportation Board Agenda Chairperson
Member at Large
FCASD Administration Representatives
David McCommons, Ed.D.
Director of Ancillary Services
Coordinator of Ancillary Services
Recording Secretary, Authority Board
Authority Board Vacancy
The Fox Chapel Area School District seeks a qualified individual to fill a vacancy on the Fox Chapel Area School Authority. Interested volunteers must live within the Fox Chapel Area School District and have a background in commercial construction, financing, and/or project management. Please note that this is a volunteer position, and members are expected to attend between eight and 12 meetings a year.Interested individuals should send a letter of interest and résumé to Daniel Breitkreutz, Fox Chapel Area School District director of ancillary services, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Tuesday, Aug. 25.
The Fox Chapel Area School Authority will meet on the following dates:
- Aug. 3, 2020 – 8 a.m. reorganization meeting, followed by regular business meeting, Zoom meeting platform