November 25, 2020
Dear Fox Chapel Area Family,
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope this message finds you healthy and well. While I know many of us are not celebrating Thanksgiving as we would wish, I hope the holiday still brings you joy and contentment, and some time to unwind.
We would like to remind members of our school community of the recent travel rules put in place by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. As of Wednesday, November 25, the following order went into effect:
- The Secretary of Health issued an order requiring travelers over age 11 entering Pennsylvania from locations outside the commonwealth, including Pennsylvanians who are returning home from locations outside the commonwealth, to produce evidence of a negative COVID-19 test or place themselves in travel quarantine for 14 days upon entering, unless they receive a negative test result during the 14-day travel quarantine period.
- If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
More information from the Pennsylvania Department of Health about these travel rules and other travel guidance can be found here.
We currently have 7 confirmed or probable active cases of COVID-19 within our school buildings, with 1 case at Fox Chapel Area High School, 3 cases at Dorseyville Middle School, 2 cases at O’Hara Elementary School, and 1 case at Kerr Elementary School. Additional information about COVID-19 cases at Fox Chapel Area may be found here. Information regarding cases will continue to be included in the Wednesday updates.
Cases of COVID-19 are surging in our region. Please continue to practice safety mitigation strategies, including wearing a mask at all times (indoors and outdoors) when with those not from your household, frequently washing/sanitizing hands, practicing physical distancing, and limiting interactions with those not in your household. If all of us do our part, we have more of an opportunity to stay healthy and to resume in-person schooling.
Even though this has been a challenging school year, we all have so much to be thankful for – a faculty and staff who have seamlessly made the transition to virtual learning, the resources to implement multiple instructional models, students who never fail to amaze us with their diligence and resiliency, and parents and guardians who have worked with us to support these efforts. I know I’m so very grateful for all that you have done – and will continue to do – to ensure that our students receive the very best education possible. Enjoy the holiday!
Dr. Mary Catherine Reljac
- November 18, 2020
- November 11, 2020
- November 4, 2020
- October 28, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- October 14, 2020
- October 7, 2020
- Sept. 30, 2020
- Sept. 23, 2020
- Sept. 16, 2020
- Sept. 9, 2020
- Sept. 2, 2020
- Aug. 26, 2020
- Aug. 19, 2020
- Aug. 12, 2020
- Aug. 5, 2020
- July 29, 2020
- July 22, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- July 7, 2020
- June 16, 2020
At a Glance
Community Help Desk
Mental Health & Wellness
Reporting of COVID-19 Cases
Special Education Services
Student Virtual Help Desk
Key Resources for FCASD Students & Families
Regional/National COVID-19 Guidance
- Allegheny County Health Department
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Face Mask Guidance for Schools (Pennsylvania Department of Health)
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Determining Instructional Models During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Pennsylvania Department of Education)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus (CDC)
- Testing for COVID-19 (CDC)
- Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 in Children (CDC)
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 (CDC)
- Allegheny County Health Department
Daily Health Screening for Students
The health and safety of our students and staff are our highest priority. In addition to the protective measures we will be taking when students return to school, we will use a health screening tool for daily verification of student health. Please familiarize yourself with the expectations, protocols, and procedures for the required daily COVID-19 health screening. You must do this for both in-person and online days. Please click on the images below for more information.